Learn the art of Glass Fusing.
Glass fusing is one of Art Mania Studio’s Creative Director Fee Madigan’s favourite mediums and art forms. As your tutor for these classes, be inspired by her to explore the many different designs and projects possible through the amazing process of glass fusing.
During Art Mania Studio’s Glass Fusing Classes you will be guided through your project from start to completion. Skills and techniques covered include:
- Planning and designing your project
- Choosing which mould you would like to utilise
- Determining which glass is appropriate for your chosen project
- Learning how to mark-out and cut glass correctly
- How to prepare your elemental cut glass pieces for fusing together (firing in the kiln)
- Learning slumping techniques to create shaped items from previously fused glass
Glass fusing offers the opportunity to create truly unique pieces. You can create art for visual enjoyment, practical artistic pieces such as small serving dishes or candle or incense holders, or wearable art like pendants or other jewellery.
Once you have learned the techniques, you can continue to cultivate your skills and explore what is waiting to be created: the option to access the Art Mania Studio kiln to complete further works is available on a negotiated fee for use basis.
Students are required to wear enclosed shoes when attending these classes as we are working with glass.
Material requirements and associated costs will be discussed by the tutor at your first class.