Having a space to create and keep yourself or others in the house entertained during this lock down time is super important.
If your home allows, having a dedicated area for creativity is a great way to ensure you invest time into things that keep your brain active and your nervous system calm.
We throw away so many things that could be used for creating.
Make it a habit from now to wash out any plastic food containers and keep all those empty toilet rolls, bottles and bottle lids
Here is an idea to fill an afternoon or two:
- Set up a table in your home that can become your dedicated creative zone.
- Use ice-cream, mushroom, yoghurt or other larger containers to store craft supplies in. Having everything in containers allows you to grab them out when you want to use something and keeps everything neat and contained.
- Use smaller containers as brush and pen holders or for water for brush cleaning when painting.
- Get creative and create a castle using these different sized containers and toilet rolls standing up on their end. Glue all together using PVA glue or hot glue and create a multi-level storage castle that can fit on one end of your creative work space. This allows everything you need to be easily accessible.
- You could paint the castle and label the different areas accordingly to make the structure visually stunning and user friendly.
Send us a pic of your creative space!
Email to email@example.com or tag us on your socials #artmaniastudio
Stay tuned as Art Mania Studio will keep bringing you ideas on how to stay creative whilst at home.