If you are running out of things to do with your kids, why not try out this recipe for play dough?
It’s a cheap and easy way to make hours of fun.
2 cups of flour
½ cup of salt
2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 and ½ cup of hot water
Food colours and scents of your choice
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well
- Turn the dough out onto a board and knead. If the dough is too dry add more hot water, or flour if it’s too wet
- If you only want one colour, add the dye before turning out the dough and mix.
- If you want more than one colour, divide up the dough and mix colour into each portion.
- If you would like to give the play-dough a scent, you can add this at the same time as the colouring
Once it’s formed into a smooth elastic dough, it’s ready to be played with. Otherwise, you can place it into sealed container for playing with later.
This will give your kids a cheap and easily manipulated dough that can be used to create anything they want. You can also supply cookie cutters and anything else that might make a shape or pattern in their dough. You could also add glitter for some sparkle.
Happy play doughing!