The year just flies by, and now winter is drawing to an end; we have another jam packed program of classes and workshops for everyone. Here is our web link to get you there faster. www.artmaniastudio.com.au or join us on Facebook & Instagram to keep up to date with the latest photos and antics of the studio!
Soup & Damper Night – Want to see what we do and how we do it?
This Friday night – 25th August starting 5.30 pm to 8.30pm
Come & enjoy the warmth of the studio a ‘SNAP SHOT’, with hot soup, great company & our roaring indoor fire this Friday night! Don’t forget to book in as this is a catered event! We have a line up of live demonstrations on the night. You will also have the opportunity to interact with the artists and teachers on the night!
Saturday Morning Art Classes for Kids!
We’ve had ongoing requests to run art classes for children and young people on Saturday mornings – NOW commencing on Saturday 14 Oct through to the 18th of November, 6 weeks of lessons for the creative ones!
Our school holiday program for October hols will be out in a couple of weeks, so keep an eye on the website for the schedule. Parents please be mindful not to leave registering until the last minute, these workshops book out fast, we had a number of kids disappointed last holidays.
Feeling warm after the Wallsend Winter Fair?
Perfect weather! LOT’S of people! Our pottery, mosaic and macramé demonstrations were a hit and we loved all our visitors at our mini gallery stall where we got to show the wonderful variety of creations made at AMS.
Term 4 – Want something NEW to tickle your fancy?
Yes please! AMS have organised:
- Glow in the dark Resins (NEW to Newcastle) workshops. Using clear resin and adding a photo-luminescent pigment, your artwork will glow as darkness fails, giving you up to 8-12 hours of glowing light radiating from your artwork. Once the light falls on the resin area it will recharge again similar to solar lights giving you a glow once again.
- Serviette Art – Découpage with a twist classes. This class is for those who are not confident with painting, and wish to create masterpieces using the designs from serviettes applied to various forms including; silver serving trays or tea pots etc…and then finally adding a little paint medium to jazz it up further. A brilliant opportunity to up-cycle those relicts hidden in the cupboard.
- Juju Workshop – Traditional African Décor. Traditionally the Juju hat (Bamiléké feather headdress or Tyn hat) is a headdress worn by the royal dancers of the Bamiléké tribes in Africa during important ceremonies held by the tribal chief. They symbolize prosperity and are believed to posses the positive qualities of birds as well as the beauty and fragility of life. Now commonly trending in Australia as an integral part of interior designer homes as the popular organic wall art piece.Learn how to make your very own in this short workshop with Debbie Macorig!
There is so much more on offer at Art Mania Studio, so please feel free to share this with your friends, grab a bunch of friends and join us here at the studio for creativeness and giggles!
Community Pots Project – How pretty is Wallsend now!
Our pot project is complete! Well done and congratulations to all who were involved. If you haven’t witnessed the mosaic art work, take a stroll down Nelson St & admire the incredible work done by our wonderful community members.
Your trash is our treasure!
The Studio is still looking for donations for up-cycling art projects:
- Unwanted tiles and other inclusions for mosaic projects including: Old jewellery bits, old watches, beads, glass jewels/roundels, old pendants, small ornaments etc.
- We are gathering old jeans, adults and kids for an up-cycling rug project. Any colour and size, holes etc…These will be cut up so it really doesn’t matter what condition these are in.
Drop them by the studio, come in and say hi!
What’s Global Voice?
AMS is partnering with Newcastle Family Support to run a 3-week Mosaic Program, commencing Wednesday 6th September. This program is tailored to women who require support. Please contact Lauren Graham at Newcastle Family Support on 0249 263 577 to talk further about this process.
We want to tell a story.
In the safety & sanctuary of art.
Express all that is within, all that is without.
The silence ends here.
Join us to create a Global Voice.