WEDNESDAYS 10AM – 12:00PM
Do you have an NDIS plan? Interested in working with clay?
Ring the Studio on 02 4955 0509 to be added to the roll and when we have sufficient numbers we can start the weekly class.
There’s so much therapeutic benefit when it comes to getting clay under your nails! It’s creative, tactile and calming – and best of all, the techniques can be learned!
In this block course, you’ll have an expert teacher guiding you through the techniques and skills required to not only hand build, but also to use a pottery wheel.
Using a pottery wheel gives you the unique chance to synchronise body and creativity: the physical aspect of throwing on the wheel combines with the ideas and mindfulness that is behind your creation. Working with clay also strengthens hand, wrist and arm muscles and improves your fine motor skills.
More than that, though, our Pottery block course gives you the opportunity to take time out for yourself, and to concentrate on creating with clay! If you want to be creative but things like drawing or resin don’t appeal to you, why not try pottery?
What you get:
- Tools to use
- Support, guidance and expert tuition
- Kiln firing of your creations included
- Use of a variety of glazes
- Both hand building as well as using a pottery wheel
- Fun, friendship and time for you!
REFRESHMENTS: Tea, coffee, bottled water and soft drinks are available with a $2 donation
What to bring:
- An old towel is a MUST
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Closed in shoes
- Warm clothes in cooler months
- Your ideas and creativity
- Snacks and water if desired
- If you require additional clay, the Studio has plenty in the retail area ready for you. The cost of the course includes all materials and glazes etc for 8 weeks.
$430 Full Price for 6 sessions – this includes the option to use the pottery studio to practice and create outside of class times
Suitable for ages 16+ years
GOT A GROUP? Want to have a workshop tailored for you? Group packages available for all our workshops. Get in touch today!
Corporate Team Building workshops are being delivered to businesses across Newcastle and beyond. We can come to you or get out of the office for a day and enjoy a creative team building experience.