WORKSHOP / TUESDAY / 3 MARCH / 10:30AM – 1.30PM
- Would you like to spend some creative time while your kids are at school?
- Perhaps some time for yourself for a change?
- Perhaps a day off – just for you?
- Are you on holidays and wanting some creative time?
‘Tight-Arse Tuesday’ Program
This is a first for the creative industries…and we are launching this new program suited for anyone who may have a Tuesday free in their busy lifestyle. Many of our workshops are often held on a weekend, and through many requests we have designed a fortnightly, shorter option for for those who can’t always make our weekend workshops, and have time while the kids are at school or perhaps this is a down day for you to do something you have always wanted to do.
And parents – you finish in time to collect your kids from school…how perfect is that!
The program’s name implies a cheaper option – yes that’s right these will be a slightly cheaper rate because they are shorter, refreshments or lunch is not included and you turn up; learn and create then off you go with a buzz in your step!
Crockery Birds in Flight
What is a Mosaic Sculpture?
We all know about mosaics and what they are…yes? Think about a 2 or 3 dimensional approach to creating a mosaic art work, using crockery. In this workshop students will create 2 birds in flight to take home and hang, or perhaps gift to that special person. A 2D mosaic sculpture will give your artwork a protruding front view where you can literally reach out to touch the many levels on mosaic crockery used to create these little creatures.
Give your old crockery an artistic second chance at life!
In this workshop you will learn how to create 2D bird mosaic sculptures. This mosaic workshop will teach you new skills and techniques and what products to use and how they differ from your standard mosaic approach.
Haven’t tried mosaics before – Why not grab your friend and do it together! This course is for all, beginners – a great intro…as well as those who want to move further and learn some different techniques. You will have the potential to do more than one 2D project in this workshop.
Learn the alluring craft of “Pique Assiette” – transforming crockery and objects into mosaic. Crockery is perfect for mosaic for many reasons. It’s widely available, it’s easy to cut and there are so many various glazes and patterns that comes with crockery. It’s one of a kind curves, bumps, and protrusions that can be appropriated into gorgeous new dimensions.
Join us in this technique rich workshop as we take traditional mosaicing to a whole new level!
Students will learn about cutting tools and techniques; creating a form work base and setting crockery into position, creating wings and other aspects of our bird.
What you get:
- Support, guidance and expert tuition
- Practical hands on demonstration throughout the day
- The option to complete more than one project in this workshop
- Use of beautiful coloured crockery options. (There will be a variety of items to repurpose on the day, some at no charge and others will attract a small fee similar to that of an op shop price.)
- All your glues and sealers to use in the workshop
- Tools to use on the day
- A great option for a grandmother, mum and daughter bonding experience
- Fun, friendship and time for you
Tea, coffee and soft drinks available for a $2 gold coin donation
What to bring:
- An apron and clothes to work in, don’t mind getting messy
- Closed in shoes
- Safety glasses (if you don’t wear glasses)
- Long nose tweezers
- Any crockery items you would like to bring to use on the day
- If you have any mosaic tools, please bring them in with you (we have studio tools to use on the day if you don’t have your own)
- Magnifying glass to assist you should you need help with small items
- Your own lunch, water and snacks, as desired
- Long hair tied back
- A smile, your creativity, and a willingness to learn new skills!
$85 full price
$50 deposit to secure your spot
Suitable for ages 16+
GOT A GROUP? Want to have a workshop tailored for you? Group packages available for all our workshops. Get in touch today!
Corporate Team Building workshops are being delivered to businesses across Newcastle and beyond. We can come to you or get out of the office for a day and enjoy a creative Team building experience.