5 WEEK BLOCK COURSES / MONDAY / COMMENCES 17 OCTOBER / 6 – 8:30PM
START ANYTIME DURING TERM 4
Does the world of colour & glass appeal to you? Do you gaze lovingly at stained glass windows?
Would you like to learn the skills of this time honoured art form?
Come along to Art Mania Studio and learn the techniques required to create stunning pieces in a welcoming, supportive & creative environment.
Our Leadlight courses offer the opportunity to develop your skills in a hands on environment. All levels are invited to attend, no experience is necessary: if you’re just starting out, need a refresher, or have experience working with the medium, our flexible tutors will cater to all backgrounds and abilities.
As a beginner you will master techniques including:
- Designing for stained glass/leadlight
- Drawing the ‘cutline’ of your working drawing
- Accurately cutting glass to shape using glass cutters
- Construction of your stained glass/leadlight project
- Putty process
- Patina applications
What you get:
- Guidance & expert tuition from your teachers, Vicki Sienczuk and/or Fee Madigan;
- Tools to use on the day
- Fun, friendship & time for you
Tea, coffee and soft drinks available for gold coin donation
What to bring and/or wear:
- Apron (optional);
- closed in shoes;
- towel / tea towel;
- black 0.7 Sharpie permanent marker and a thin white paint pen (available from Office Works or newsagents);
- 100ml of eucalyptus oil
- Safety Glasses;
- Your enthusiasm
BEGINNERS $300 full price $75 deposit to secure your spot
RETURNING STUDENTS $225 + materials $75 deposit to secure your spot
5 WEEK BLOCKS (Start anytime during Term 4)
Suitable for students 16+ years
Other Glass Lead Light times available: