- SATURDAY / 17 April / 10.30AM – 1.00PM
Do you love to collect leaves and be inspired by nature?
Come and dye with us using what nature has to offer. This technique is about using leaves and flowers to leave an imprint on fabric. We will explore how to get the best designs out of the flowers and treasures from the Australian gardens.
- Learn how to select your natural material and to use it in eco print
- Use natural dyes and mordants to potentialize your outcome
- Experiment this technique on silk and cotton and see the difference in the designs.
You will make two samples: one with cotton and one with silk. While the transfer on fabric is happening by steaming the fabric, you will print a tote bag using natural pigments, all of the colours come from plant based foliage…
What you get:
- All materials provided
- Support, guidance and expert tuition
- Tools to use on the day
- Two eco dyed samples and a tote bag to take home
- Fun, friendship and time for you
REFRESHMENTS: Tea, coffee, bottled water and soft drinks are available with a $2 donation
What to bring:
- All materials and tools included
- Closed in shoes
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Long hair tied back
- Water & snacks, if desired
- Your smile and creativity
$95 full price
Suitable for ages 16+ years
GOT A GROUP? Want to have a workshop tailored for you? Group packages available for all our workshops. Get in touch today!
Corporate Team Building workshops are being delivered to businesses across Newcastle and beyond. We can come to you or get out of the office for a day and enjoy a creative Team building experience.