WORKSHOP / SATURDAY 30TH JANUARY / 9.30AM – 1.30PM
There’s so much therapeutic benefit when it comes to getting clay under your nails! It’s creative, tactile and calming – and best of all, the techniques can be learned! Creating with clay is a wonderful experience to add to your bank of special memories. Why not book in with a friend or loved one to share this creative experience?
Our experienced pottery teacher Kristie will take you through hand building techniques as well as easy techniques of working the pottery wheel. Our pottery workshop gives you the opportunity to take time out for yourself, and to concentrate on creating with clay! If you want to be creative but things like drawing or resin don’t appeal to you, why not try pottery?
Students will choose 2 of their projects made throughout the day, to decorate in readiness for kiln firing once your projects have dried.
Please note: Clay will take time to dry and fire, so you will need to arrange to call back and collect your wonderful creations in about 4-6 weeks, we will notify you by email.
What you get:
- Tools to use
- Clay to work with
- Support, guidance and expert tuition
- Kiln firing of your creations
- Use of a variety of underglazes
- Tips, tricks and techniques for wheel work
- Fruit and grazing platter to munch on
- Fun, friendship and time for you!
Tea, coffee and soft drinks available for a $2 gold coin donation
What to bring:
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Closed in shoes
- Warm clothes in winter
- An old towel
- Your ideas and creativity
- Snacks & water
- Long hair tied back
- If you require additional clay, the Studio has it on sale for your convenience. The cost of the course includes kiln firing costs.
$195 full price
Suitable for ages 16+ years
GOT A GROUP? Want to have a workshop tailored for you? Group packages available for all our workshops. Get in touch today!
Corporate Team Building workshops are being delivered to businesses across Newcastle and beyond. We can come to you or get out of the office for a day and enjoy a creative team building experience.