INTRODUCTION TO POTTERY WHEEL WORKSHOP
- WEDNESDAY / 15 JANUARY / 10AM – 2PM
- SATURDAY / 18 JANUARY / 10AM – 2PM
A wonderful taste of the enchantment gained from working with clay! You will enjoy Kristie’s natural teaching approach and learn how to transform a blob of clay into a vessel. Worried you have tried this in the past and couldn’t get it..? Kristie will guide you through the process step by step, with easy techniques of working the pottery wheel.
Students will choose 2 of their projects made throughout the day, to decorate in readiness for kiln firing once your projects have dried.
Please note: Clay will take time to dry and fire, so you will need to arrange to call back and collect your wonderful creations!
What you get:
- Tools to use
- Clay to work with
- Support, guidance and expert tuition
- Kiln firing of your creations
- Use of a variety of under-glazes & glazes
- Tips, tricks and techniques for wheel work.
- Fun, friendship and time for you!
- Fruit and cheese platter (please add a note when booking if you have any dietary requirements)
Tea, coffee and soft drinks available for a $2 gold coin donation
What to bring:
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Closed in shoes
- Warm clothes in winter
- An old towel
- Your ideas and creativity
- Snacks & water\
- Long hair tied back
- If you require additional clay, the Studio has it on sale for your convenience. The cost of the course includes kiln firing costs.
$150 full price
$80 deposit to secure your spot
Suitable for ages 16+ years
*** Missed this workshop? We don’t yet have another one scheduled. We’d love to know if you’re interested, SEND US A MESSAGE!