WORKSHOP / SUNDAY / 7 APRIL / 10:30AM – 3:30PM
Micro Mosaics! Repurposing bling to make an artistic difference!
In this intricate workshop you’ll be learning techniques which originated in Italy in the 16th Century. Micro mosaics are a special type of mosaic, using particularly small pieces of glass and tile (referred to as Tesserae) to create a work of art. In this workshop, your art will be wearable as we repurpose old jewellery and other glass bling, to create stunning new pieces! Not only are these finished products beautiful, they are also giving new life to things that would have ended up in landfill. It’s a win win!
You will be guided through the skills and techniques required to work with tesserae and create your own wearable micro mosaics. This workshop is fantastic for beginners and people who have created mosaics before, as the skill set is quite specific to micro mosaics, and it’s a great way to hone existing skills, or to pick up new ones. Once you solve the How of micro mosaics, it’s an easy and relaxing art form that really celebrates the beauty in old or discarded items – something we’re very passionate about at Art Mania Studio!
What you get:
- Support, guidance and expert tuition
- Practical hands on demonstration throughout the day on application of micro tesserae.
- Use of beautiful coloured glass
- Stunning glass beads cut in a crystal form to reflect light
- Re-purposed jewellery items used as inclusions to bring up your piece
- There will be a variety of items to repurpose on the day
- You can make a number of pieces in the time allocation, depending on your choice of project base. There will be a number of cabochons, earring encasements and other bases to choose from, starting from as low as $3 (all other elements are included in the workshop price)
- A great option for a grandmother, mum and daughter bonding experience – create family heirlooms!
- A delicious light lunch, and a fruit platter to keep you going throughout the workshop (please add a note when booking if you have any dietary requirements)
- Fun, friendship and time for you
Tea, coffee and soft drinks available for a $2 gold coin donation
What to bring:
- Closed in shoes
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Long nose tweezers
- Magnifying glass to assist you should you need help with small items
- If you have a family heirloom that is small and you would like to include in your creations, bring them with you to discuss with the teacher on the day.
- A smile, your creativity, and a willingness to learn new skills!
GOT A GROUP? Want to have a workshop tailored for you? Group packages available for all our workshops. Get in touch today!
Corporate Team Building workshops are being delivered to businesses across Newcastle and beyond. We can come to you or get out of the office for a day and enjoy a creative team building experience.
$ 120 full price
Kits will also be available for purchase to attendees, you will have the knowledge to do this at home once you have completed this workshop
Suitable for ages 12+ ( younger ages if accompanied by a participating adult – please discus with the studio)