WORKSHOP / SATURDAY / 29 FEBRUARY / 10.30AM – 3PM
What is a Mosaic Sculpture?
We all know about mosaics and what they are…yes? Think about a 2 or 3 dimensional approach to creating a mosaic art work, using crockery. A 2D mosaic sculpture will give your artwork a protruding front view where you can literally reach out to touch the many levels on mosaic crockery used to create these beautiful dimensional flowers.
Recently Fee was fortunate enough to spend a weekend in training with renowned Melbourne Mosaic Sculptural artist Jessie Journould-Ryan. Fee has since worked on a number of techniques to create her own techniques for this 2D application using mostly all crockery. This piece is done on a backing board which Fee has framed. The backing board will be provided for you in the workshop.
Why not give your old crockery an artistic second chance at life! This mosaic workshop will teach you new skills and techniques and what products to use and how they differ from your standard mosaic approach.
Haven’t tried mosaics before – Why not grab your friend and do it together! This course is certainly for beginners as well as those who want to move further and learn some different techniques.
Learn the alluring craft of “Pique Assiette” – transforming crockery and objects into mosaic. Crockery is perfect for mosaic for many reasons. It’s widely available, it’s easy to cut and there are so many various glazes and patterns that comes with crockery. It’s one of a kind curves, bumps, and protrusions that can be appropriated into gorgeous new dimensions.
Join us in this technique rich workshop as we take traditional mosaicing to a whole new level!
What you get:
- Support, guidance and expert tuition
- Practical hands on demonstration throughout the day
- Use of beautiful coloured tiles and crockery options. (There will be a variety of items to repurpose on the day, some at no charge and others will attract a small fee similar to that of an op shop price.)
- All your glues and sealers to use in the workshop
- Tools to use on the day
- A great option for a grandmother, mum and daughter bonding experience
- A delicious light lunch, and a fruit platter to keep you going throughout the workshop · (please add a note when booking if you have any dietary requirements)
- Fun, friendship and time for you
Tea, coffee and soft drinks available for a $2 gold coin donation
What to bring:
- Closed in shoes
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Long nose tweezers
- Any crockery items you would like to bring to use on the day
- If you have any mosaic tools, please bring them in with you (we have studio tools use can use on the day if you don’t have your own)
- Magnifying glass to assist you should you need help with small items
- A smile, your creativity, and a willingness to learn new skills!
$ 150 full price
$ 100 deposit to secure your spot
Suitable for ages 16+ years
GOT A GROUP? Want to have a workshop tailored for you? Group packages available for all our workshops. Get in touch today!
Corporate Team Building workshops are being delivered to businesses across Newcastle and beyond. We can come to you or get out of the office for a day and enjoy a creative team building experience.