4 – WEEK BLOCK COURSE / MULTIPLE DATES
- THURSDAYS EVENINGS – Starts 17 OCTOBER to 7 NOVEMBER / 6 – 8:30PM
- THURSDAYS EVENINGS – Starts 14 NOVEMBER to 5 DECEMBER / 6 – 8:30PM
- SATURDAYS ARVO – Starts 19 OCTOBER to 9 NOVEMBER / 2 – 4:30PM
- SATURDAYS ARVO – Starts 16 NOVEMBER to 7 DECEMBER / 2 – 4:30PM
Are you ready to get your hands dirty?
There’s so much therapeutic benefit when it comes to getting clay under your nails! It’s creative, tactile and calming – and best of all, the techniques can be learned!
In this block course, you’ll have an expert teacher guiding you through the techniques and skills required to not only hand build, but also to use a pottery wheel. Using a pottery wheel gives you the unique chance to synchronise body and creativity: the physical aspect of throwing on the wheel combines with the ideas and mindfulness that is behind your creation.
More than that, though, our Pottery block course gives you the opportunity to take time out for yourself, and to concentrate on creating with clay! If you want to be creative but things like drawing or resin don’t appeal to you, why not try pottery?
What you get:
- Tools to use
- Clay to work with
- Support, guidance and expert tuition
- Kiln firing of your creations
- Use of a variety of underglazes & glazes
- Tips, tricks and techniques for both hand building and wheel work.
- Fun, friendship and time for you!
- Fruit and cheese platter (please add a note when booking if you have any dietary requirements)
Tea, coffee and soft drinks available for a $2 gold coin donation
What to bring:
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Closed in shoes
- Warm clothes in winter
- An old towel
- Your ideas and creativity
- Snacks & water
- Long hair tied back
- If you require additional clay, the Studio has it on sale for your convenience. The cost of the course includes kiln firing costs.
GOT A GROUP? Want to have a workshop tailored for you? Group packages available for all our workshops. Get in touch today!
Corporate Team Building workshops are being delivered to businesses across Newcastle and beyond. We can come to you or get out of the office for a day and enjoy a creative team building experience.
$260 full price
$100 deposit to secure your spot
Suitable for ages 16+ years