8-WEEK BLOCK COURSE / MULTIPLE DATES AVAILABLE
- BLOCK 1: TUESDAY EVENINGS – 2o July to 7 September / 6PM – 8:30PM
- BLOCK 2: THURSDAY MORNINGS – 22 July to 9 September / 10AM – 12:30PM
- BLOCK 4: SATURDAYS ARVO – 24 July to 11 September/ 2:30PM – 5PM
Are you ready to get your hands dirty?
There’s so much therapeutic benefit when it comes to getting clay under your nails! It’s creative, tactile and calming – and best of all, the techniques can be learned!
In this block course, you’ll have an expert teacher guiding you through the techniques and skills required to not only hand build, but also to use a pottery wheel. Using a pottery wheel gives you the unique chance to synchronise body and creativity: the physical aspect of throwing on the wheel combines with the ideas and mindfulness that is behind your creation.
More than that, though, our Pottery block course gives you the opportunity to take time out for yourself, and to concentrate on creating with clay! If you want to be creative but things like drawing or resin don’t appeal to you, why not try pottery?
What you get:
- Tools to use
- Support, guidance and expert tuition
- Kiln firing of your creations
- Use of a variety of glazes
- Both hand building as well as using a pottery wheel
- Fun, friendship and time for you!
Tea, coffee and soft drinks available for a $2 gold coin donation
What to bring:
- An old towel is a MUST
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Closed in shoes
- Warm clothes in cooler months
- Your ideas and creativity
- Snacks and water if desired
- If you require additional clay, the Studio has plenty in the retail area ready for you. The cost of the course includes all materials and glazes etc for 8 weeks.
GOT A GROUP? Want to have a workshop tailored for you? Group packages available for all our workshops. Get in touch today!
Corporate Team Building workshops are being delivered to businesses across Newcastle and beyond. We can come to you or get out of the office for a day and enjoy a creative team building experience.
8-WEEK BLOCK $575 full price – this includes the option to use the pottery studio to practice and create outside of class times
USING AFTERPAY, this will mean you pay 4 instalments of $140 each fortnight
Suitable for ages 16+ years