10 WEEK BLOCK COURSE / THURSDAY / 31 JANUARY / 6PM-8:30pm
Is clay calling to you?
Pottery wheel throwing is a tactile, calming, meditative & wonderful art form to explore!
“The fast wheel enabled a new process of pottery-making to develop, called throwing, in which a lump of clay was placed centrally on the wheel and then squeezed, lifted and shaped as the wheel turned.”
What you get:
- tools to use;
- starting block of clay;
- support, guidance and expert tuition from your teacher
- kiln firing of your creations;
- use of a variety of glazes
- You also have the choice to hand build as well as wheel work
- Fun, friendship & time for you
Tea, coffee and soft drinks available for a gold coin donation
What to bring and/or wear:
- Apron (optional)
- clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- closed in shoes
- jumper in cooler months
- an old towel
- Your ideas and creativity
- If you require additional clay, the studio has these for sale for your convenience. The cost of the block includes kiln firing costs.
$540 Full Price
$90 Deposit price to secure your spot
OR split in 2 payments for those who wish to use our Payment Plan – $540 minus $90 deposit is $450 = $225 x 2: paid week 1 & week 5
Suitable for ages 16+ years
*** Missed this course? We don’t yet have another one scheduled. We’d love to know if you’re interested, SEND US A MESSAGE!