WORKSHOP / SUNDAY / 1 March / 10:30AM – 2.30PM
Creating a unique ocean scene with resin and alcohol inks is the latest in this art form. It’s for all levels from beginners to experienced.
This workshop will provide you with the step by step knowledge to create your own art piece, for example:
- Capturing the correct scene & positioning it on your surface.
- The application of both water & sand scene if desired.
- Knowledge of epoxy resin techniques used in application to create a beach scene
- Explore working on a 60cm art board with different mediums to create depth & texture to your piece.
- Create your artwork with captivating whitewash waves.
The class is a mix of discussion, practical demonstration and a much hands on experience as possible. We will be exploring:
- The use of alcohol inks as the base coat colour application, before laying down the resin colours
- Following this the use of resin mixed with white pigment to create the netting and waves
- What is resin and safety required using it
- Discuss the resins on the market and which are best suited
- Explore the mixing of different pigments and colours
- How to get the best results from your resin and troubleshooting
Join this fun filled 4 hour workshop, create your very own resin art piece. This workshop will give you the knowledge to create your very own resin creations.
What you get:
- 60cm round base, to gain the intensity of the ocean scene
- ongoing support and knowledge to assist your future resin projects.
- In depth knowledge and guidance from an experienced artist and instructor
- All materials provided
- A plate of cheeses, fruits and other nibbles on the day (please add a note when booking if you have any dietary requirements)
- Choice of an extensive range of pigments and colour additives
Tea, coffee and soft drinks available for a $2 gold coin donation
What to bring:
- An apron and clothes to work in
- Closed in shoes
- Snack and water
- A positive attitude and warm smile
- Long hair tied back
- Excitement and an open mind
* Due to the nature of this product we restrict age to over 16 years and it is not recommended for use in pregnancy
* Resin takes 24 hours to dry so you will need to arrange collection of your piece after this time.
GOT A GROUP? Want to have a workshop tailored for you? Group packages available for all our workshops. Get in touch today!
Corporate Team Building workshops are being delivered to businesses across Newcastle and beyond. We can come to you or get out of the office for a day and enjoy a creative team building experience.
$260 Full Price
$100 deposit to secure your spot
Suitable for ages 16+ years