WORKSHOP / TUESDAY / 3 March / 10:30AM – 1:30PM
- Would you like to spend some creative time while your kids are at school?
- Perhaps some time for yourself for a change?
- Perhaps a day off – just for you?
- Are you on holidays and wanting some creative time?
‘Tight-Arse Tuesday’ Program
This is a first for the creative industries…and we are launching this new program suited for anyone who may have a Tuesday free in their busy lifestyle. Many of our workshops are often held on a weekend, and through many requests we have designed a fortnightly, shorter option for for those who can’t always make our weekend workshops, and have time while the kids are at school or perhaps this is a down day for you to do something you have always wanted to do.
And parents – you finish in time to collect your kids from school…how perfect is that!
The program’s name implies a cheaper option – yes that’s right these will be a slightly cheaper rate because they are shorter, refreshments or lunch is not included and you turn up; learn and create then off you go with a buzz in your step!
What is resin casting you say? This is a fantastic resin workshop creating a variety of projects using moulds, carefully dried flowers, gum leaves, gum nuts, bark, shiny objects, shells and more. For those of you who love nature, this is a must.
Perhaps you have a keepsake and you would like to preserve it to last a lifetime – bring it in and your teacher will discuss with you if it is suitable to use. There are so many options, however the fundamental aspect of this workshop will teach you how to prepare items from nature ready to be preserved in resin. We have over 100 mould options to choose from, so plenty for everyone to explore and play with on the day.
Perhaps you want to create wearable art pieces? Turn your resin castings into earrings, pendants, brooches, bangles… Or something for the home: a set of table coasters, candle bases, trinket dishes and the list goes on.
All materials and tools are supplied and there will be a number of different options to choose from on the day.
What you get:
- Support, guidance and expert tuition
- Practical hands on demonstration throughout the day
- There will be a number of options to choose from on the day
- You can make a number of pieces in the time allocation, depending on your choice of outcome.
- A great option for a grandmother, mum and daughter bonding experience – create family jewels!
- Fun, friendship and time for you
Tea, coffee and soft drinks available for a $2 gold coin donation
What to bring:
- Closed in shoes
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Long nose tweezers
- Magnifying glass to assist you should you need help with small items
- Your own lunch, water and snacks, as desired
- A smile, your creativity, and a willingness to learn new skills!
$85 full price
$40 deposit to secure your spot
Suitable for ages 16+
GOT A GROUP? Want to have a workshop tailored for you? Group packages available for all our workshops. Get in touch today!
Corporate Team Building workshops are being delivered to businesses across Newcastle and beyond. We can come to you or get out of the office for a day and enjoy a creative Team building experience.