WORKSHOP / SATURDAY 12 SEPTEMBER / 10AM – 2PM
Come and experiment with a beautiful range of indigo blues!
Shibori is a Japanese term that means more than dying. It includes folding, tying, clipping fabric in order to have different dye patterns.The result is spectacular and easy to achieve!
What you get:
- Knowledge into Shibori techniques and their history
- Tools/equipment to use on the day
- Support, guidance and expert tuition
- Know how to prepare an Indigo bath and how to handle it;
- Experiment with a beautiful range of blue and other natural colors
- Experiment 4 different techniques on cotton;
- As a final project, do a decorative pillow case
- A plate of cheeses, fruits and other nibbles on the day (please add a note when booking if you have any dietary requirements)
- Fun, friendship and time for you
Tea, coffee and soft drinks available for a $2 gold coin donation
What to bring:
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty as we will be manipulating dye
- Plastic bags to take your project home
- Closed in shoes
- Warm clothes in winter
- An old towel
- Your ideas and creativity
- Snacks & water
- Long hair tied back
Suitable for ages 16+ years
$95 full price (gets you a 6 week block)
GOT A GROUP? Want to have a workshop tailored for you? Group packages available for all our workshops. Get in touch today!
Corporate Team Building workshops are being delivered to businesses across Newcastle and beyond. We can come to you or get out of the office for a day and enjoy a creative team building experience.