WORKSHOP / TUESDAY / 25 FEBRUARY / 10:30AM – 1.30PM
- Would you like to spend some creative time while your kids are at school?
- Perhaps some time for yourself for a change?
- Perhaps a day off – just for you?
- Are you on holidays and wanting some creative time?
‘Tight-Arse Tuesday’ Program
This is a first for the creative industries…and we are launching this new program suited for anyone who may have a Tuesday free in their busy lifestyle. Many of our workshops are often held on a weekend, and through many requests we have designed a fortnightly, shorter option for for those who can’t always make our weekend workshops, and have time while the kids are at school or perhaps this is a down day for you to do something you have always wanted to do.
And parents – you finish in time to collect your kids from school…how perfect is that!
The program’s name implies a cheaper option – yes that’s right these will be a slightly cheaper rate because they are shorter, refreshments or lunch is not included and you turn up; learn and create then off you go with a buzz in your step!
Coloured Glass is one of the most amazing mediums; once hung where light and sun can transmit, it offers a sense of harmony. And the light tinkle of wind passing through them also adds serenity to your ‘sound-rounds’! Join me in one of our favourite workshops.
Learn how to cut simple glass shapes, take off the sharp edges ready to bead up and hang. You will create a wind chime in this workshop using coloured stained glass. There will be a huge variety of coloured glass to choose from, glass beads and wire-up kits.
Fee will take you through the process step by step, from start to end. You don’t need any previous experience to make this project, there are helping hands on stand by!
If you would like to include some of your own memorabilia, please bring them along with you, and Fee will assess on the day if they would suit the process. One of our past students had lots of medals she had and chose to hang these on the bottom of her chime. Others have included the use of shells and other keepsakes.
What you get:
- Support, guidance and expert tuition
- Learn how to cut glass shapes
- OR there is a variety of pre-cut glass for those who aren’t too sure about this step!
- Use the simple grinding techniques
- You should leave with a completed wind chime ready to hang when you get home!
- Fun, friendship and time for you
Tea, coffee and soft drinks available for a $2 gold coin donation
What to bring:
- If you have glass cutting tools, bring these along with you
- Closed in shoes
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Snack & water
- Your lunch
- Long hair tied back
- Anything you may like to add into your wind chime (discuss with teacher on the day)
- Readiness to create something amazing for your home!
$85 full price
$50 deposit to secure your spot
Suitable for ages 16+
GOT A GROUP? Want to have a workshop tailored for you? Group packages available for all our workshops. Get in touch today!
Corporate Team Building workshops are being delivered to businesses across Newcastle and beyond. We can come to you or get out of the office for a day and enjoy a creative Team building experience.