WORKSHOP / SUNDAY 1 AUGUST/ 10AM – 1PM
Are you a lover of wood and natural timbers? Ever wondered how the masters and artists create beautiful mandalas burnt into round timber disks, or place an elaborate design on a breadboard, wooden spoons, create wall art by burning scenes…this is just the workshop taster for you!
Wood burning is also known as Pyrography and is the freehand art of decorating wood or other materials with burn marks resulting from the controlled application of a heated object such as a poker. It is also known as pokerwork or wood burning. The term means “writing with fire”, from the Greek pur and graphos.
In this workshop you will be guided through the process step by step. The workshop is based on technique application to create simple or intricate designs on timber. Our experienced teacher will take you through the process by practical demonstration and instruction to make this new art form seamless and easy to achieve outcomes throughout the day.
Do you need to be arty? No not at all! Do you need to be able to draw – nope certainly not! That’s the thing about these short workshops, they are a taster so we take all the hard stuff out to make sure you achieve the outcome, gain confidence and be able to do it again on your own or with the help of the studio.
It’s about learning the techniques of application enabling anyone to master this creative art form.
Do you need a support worker? We have art-trained support workers ready to meet you and support your creative experience- email us at email@example.com for details.
What you get:
- A woodburning pouch kit valued at $80 which includes:
- Woodburning tool with a temperature dial for heat control
- Variety of burning nibs
- Colours- should you want to add a touch of colour to your design
- A variety of wood surfaces to embellish
- Designs and other decorative options will be available for your choice
- A variety of wood pieces to use on the day
- Safety, knowledge, and correct application of working with wood and burning tools
- Instruction from an experienced artist and teacher
- Lunch provided (let us know of any dietary requirements when booking)
Refreshments: Tea, coffee, bottled water & soft drinks are available with a $2 donation.
What to bring and/or wear:
- Apron and/or clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- closed in shoes
- Face mask optional (some fumes may irritate you)
- Snacks & water
- Long hair tied back
- Towel / tea towel
$165 full price
after pay available
Suitable for ages 12+
GOT A GROUP? Want to have a workshop tailored for you? Group packages available for all our workshops. Get in touch today!
Corporate Team Building workshops are being delivered to businesses across Newcastle and beyond. We can come to you or get out of the office for a day and enjoy a creative team building experience.